Love yourself first and everything else falls in line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in the world - Lucille Ball. With everything we do, and that is going on it today's world we have to learn to take some time for ourselves. It's not selfish. It's a MUST. Finding 15 min a day of uninterrupted "me" time can be challenging at best. We all know that when we do find time to do things we enjoy, things just for us, things that makes us happy that we end up being happier in the the long run. When people are asked why they generally don't take time for themselves the top three responses are: not enough time, feeling guilty, or it makes them feel selfish. The more caring or giving a person is the more you will hear these responses. But the question is how do we do it, how do we find "me" time? What activities we should be doing to pamper ourselves? Why we should find some "me" time? There a numerous reasons why we should all take time to pamper ourselves. Let's look at just a few - It's a great way for you to recharge!!! Women are often good at making time to help others in their lives feel good and work through their own feelings. Time spent alone gives us a time to focus on our own feelings.
- It's a great time to think and reflect. Life these days moves at such a crazy speed that we don't have time to think about our lives. Taking some "me" time give you the opportunity to think about what's going on in your life.
- It can make you more productive. Spending time with friends and family can be great fun and so exciting. But it can distract you from things that are important for you, like your hobbies and exercise and reading. Spending time by yourself can give you time to help you progress toward your own personal goals.
Here are some ways you could make your "me" time a reality. - Stop feeling guilty for taking "me" time bed realize in the long run it's going to be a win-win.
- Decide what you feel would be the best way to spend your "me" time.
- Evaluate your day and see what things are a waste of your time everyday.
- Learn to say no.
- Learn to ask for help.
- At the beginning of the week designate slots for "me" time throughout the week.
- Commit to a minimum of 15-20 min of "me" time EVERYDAY
There are TONS of options for "me" time. Let's look at a few that you could easily do during the day! - Go for a walk.
- Read a book
- Fall in love with a new musician or group
- Shop for fun
- Meet a friend for breakfast
- Watch a movie
- Enjoy a hobby
- Join a bookclub
- Soak in a bath
- Do yoga
- Get a massage
I hope that you see how important finding time for yourself everyday is. And how easy it is to go about finding time for yourself. I hope that you can enjoy some of the listed activities and find some you time this week. Go out and find 15 min for yourself today and enjoy it!!! -Amber Resources http://amomwithalessonplan.com/me-time/ http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/wellness_articles.asp?id=1657 http://tinybuddha.com/blog/6-compelling-reasons-spend-time-alone/