And The Award Goes to..........ME! I was nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by The Scoop on Fibromyalgia and Chronic Illness AKA Jill. After I received the Nomination from Jill, I had to look into the award. Due to the fact that I have only been a Blogger since Jan 2017 I was not familiar with it.
Here's what I found: The Sunshine Blogger award is given BY bloggers TO bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community.
Due to the fact that I am so new to the blogging world, I was completely surprised and totally humbled by the nomination. Thank you so much Jill for the award!!!!
Here’s how it works…
1.) Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog
2.) Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
3.) Nominate 11 new blogs to receive this award, and write them 11 new questions
4.) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
The Questions Asked of Me, By Jill
1 What do you feel is your spirit animal or the animal that best represents your personality and why?
I really had to think on this one for a bit and do a little research before I could give a well thought out answer. I decided that my Spirit Animal or the Animal the represents me best would be the dolphin. I chose this animal because Dolphins are known for helping out others in need and keeping those they are helping safe. I feel like that defines me quite well. I chose to go into nursing so I can help others out while they are in need. And I still continue to do that with my friends and family. I do all that I can to help the people around me in any way I can!!
2. If you could have a service dog to perform only one task for you during a flare what would that task be?
I have actually been considering getting a service dog to help me and possibly alert prior to a migraine getting to the point of needing emergency treatment. But if I could pick just ONE task for my service dog to do for me would be something simple. I would want my service dog to be able to retrieve items that, for whatever I can't reach. Whether it be that I can't reach the item or that I am to exhausted to get up and get it. It would be nice to have a dog that could do that. I would also just love to have a dog for company,
3. What is your favorite thing to do to fill your bucket/restore your soul?
My favorite thing to do to restore my soul would be to take a LONG hot bath with bubble bath and candles, while reading a book to just relax. When I have spare money one thing that really restores my soul is a good massage and facial.
4. What is your favorite children’s book and favorite children’s movie of all time?
My favorite childhood book is "Love You Forever". I love the words that say I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be." It just had such a great message and I know that is how my Mom always feels about me and my sister. My favorite childhood movie was The Little Mermaid, for obvious reasons.
5. What is your ultimate comfort food during a flare?
My ultimate comfort food is anything sweet, but especially Ice Cream. If I had to choose a "real food" it would hands down be my Grandmas Potato Soup. Or her Salisbury Steak!
6. What is the stupidest/most annoying thing a Dr has said to you?
The most annoying thing that has happened to me on more then one occasion, is when one of my doctors, who knows I am a nurse, and they choose to speak exclusively in medical jargon. Normally, I wouldn't care but when it is me who is sick, it seems like that part of my brain doesn't work like it should and I often don't understand what they are saying. Please just use lay terms!!
7. What is your “weirdest” or most annoying symptom?
Currently my most annoying symptom is this rash that is all over my face, neck, scalp and behind my ears. No one seems to know exactly what it is or what is causing it. So like many other problems when you have Lupus, they say, don't worry I'm guessing it's JUST a lupus thing!
8. If you woke up tomorrow completely cured and healthy what is that one thing you would do that you can’t do now?
If I woke up tomorrow cured I know exactly whatI would do!! One thing enjoy so much is being able to be at the softball field for hours at a time watching my Bug (aka my 18 yo sister) doing something she is passionate about. I want NOTHING MORE than to be able to attend my sisters last season of Travel Softball this summer! I have missed so many of her games the last few years because I simply just can not tolerate the heat and sun for long periods of time. This summer will be the last summer she will be playing competitive tourney ball, so I would do almost anything to be able to watch her pitch for her last season this summer.
9. What is one habit/dietary change/lifestyle change/etc. you have made in hopes it will help with your condition(s) that you really resent having to give up or change?
That is an easy one for me to answer. I really enjoy eating and not the just crappy stuff but eating well and not having to watch the carbs or gluten or sugar level. But I know that eating a gluten free, sugar free, lactose free diet is what is best for me any my body. I know this because I have done it in the past and it really made a difference in how I felt. But I hate that I have to put so much effort into my meals and that I can't be like my friends and family and just grab something to eat. I have learned the hard way that if I were to eat more carbs, gluten or sweets than I have been that I will spend at least a day paying for it!!!!
10. What is your favorite blog post you have written?
To date I think my favorite blog post I have written would be a tie between "How Many Times Have You Heard , JUST LOSE SOME WEIGHT," and my open Letter to Lupus. The blog about being told to lose weight is not something that just I hear. That's told to patients across the board. Doesn't matter your sex, your age, your ethnicity! If you are even slightly overweight I bet at least one doctor has hit you with those words. And my open letter to lupus is one of my most honest pieces to date! I really spoke my true feelings about the disease I live with on a daily basis and I hope it was helpful in someway by showing fellow Lupies that they are not alone in their feelings.
11. If money wasn't an issue where in the world would you pick up live!?
I think if I could live anywhere, I think I would split my time. Living part of the year near the beach, and the rest of the year in the country with lots of land and dogs and horses.
My Questions 1. If you could pick one person in your life to switch places with so they could feel how you feel for the day, who would it be and why!?
2. When you have people in your life that just can't seem to understand you and your illness, what have you found to be the best way to explain it to them, so they understand?
4. When you have some time just for you, how do you spend that time? Do you enjoy the quiet of being alone or would you rather be with a close friend or family member?
5. What is your all time favorite TV show?
6. What is your guilty pleasure?
7. What is the most UNBELIEVABLE thing that someone in the medical profession has said to you? And what was your response?
8. What is the most annoying thing to you about living with a chronic illness?
9. If you were able to have three wishes what would they be and why?
10. What is one activity in life that you loved doing, and have had to now give up due to your chronic illness? And do you feel any resentment?
11. What blog have you enjoyed writing the most and why?
12. What is the most ridiculous comment that you have ever received on social media or as a comment on your blog?
I would like to thank Jill again for choosing me for this award!! I can't even tell you how much it means to me due to the fact that I have only really been blogging for about 15 months.
I wholeheartedly enjoyed writing this and deciding who I wanted to share this award with. And I hope you all enjoyed getting to know me a little bit more.